Brigham Young University's Simmons Center for Cancer Research is committed to the health and safety of our students and staff. Concerns related to COVID-19 have affected every part of society. To this end, our research facilities will be following these guidelines:
- Do not come to the lab if you are feeling ill. Get tested for COVID-19 if you have any of the its symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches and pain, loss of sense of smell or taste, sore throat, chills and shakes.
- If you are tested, assume the test is positive and self-isolate until you know the results. If the test is positive, self-isolate for a period of two weeks or longer if symptoms persist. Inform your lab and follow guidelines from the health department about informing others with whom you have been in contact. They should also be tested.
- Frequently disinfect areas used by multiple people.
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wear a face mask when in proximity (less than 6 feet) to another person.
- If you have high health risk factors, you should continue to remain at home and not come into the lab.